155mm HE High Explosive
155mm M795 HE
The M795 is a 103lb 155mm high fragmentation steel (HF1) body projectile filled with 23.8 pounds of TNT or
IMX-101 with a gilded metal rotating band for compatibility with all current and future towed and self-propelled 155mm howitzers. The IMX-101 reduces vulnerability from unplanned detonations of the munition providing greater safety while handling. The M795 projectile is employed against personnel, trucks, electronic surveillance and target acquisition devices, supply points, command and control and communications (C3) installations, and mechanized and armored forces.
- NSN: 1320-01-581-6633 (M795 IM)
- Length with fuze: 33.2 inches
- Projectile Body: High Fragmentation Steel
- Explosive: 23.8 pounds of TNT or IMX-101
- Max. Range: 22.5 Kms
- Increases 155mm HE Range from 17.5 to 22.5 Kms (29%)
- 100% increase in lethality over M107 HE against personnel
- 80% increase in lethality over M107 HE against trucks
- Increased accuracy due to aerodynamic shape
- Conventional ammunition of choice by the U.S. Army and Marines
- Can be fired at top zone (M203A1 Prop. Charge)
Your Mission is Our Mission.
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is a global aerospace and defense company. We are a committed to providing the U.S. military and its allies with an extensive range of overarching products that provide a cutting-edge advantage to our war fighters. A General Dynamics Company.
GD 176,78 +2,25 +1,29%