ACTIVE PROTECTION SYSTEMS
Bright Arrow Active Protection System
Firepower and Protection
Bright Arrow is a combined hard and soft kill active protection system (APS) and remote-controlled overhead weapon station. Based on proven Iron Fist sensing, jamming and intercepting technology, Bright Arrow integrates firepower, survivability and situational awareness into one system with weight, volume and power constraints designed specifically for light combat vehicles. Bright Arrow utilizes a sensor suite and remote fire capability to rapidly detect, engage and overmatch threats typically encountered during military missions.
Hard and soft kill active protection system with remote-controlled weapon station
The sensor suite provides robust detection capability of anti-tank threats and small arms bursts. The soft kill layer is based on a directional electro-optical jammer to engage a threat’s tracking and sensing behavior. The interceptor-based hard kill layer protects against close-range anti-tank rockets and guided missiles by physically destroying or deflecting the threat a safe distance from the defended platform. The blast interceptor effectively destroys or deflects an incoming threat with minimal fragmentation, minimizing collateral damage or injury to nearby personnel.
The weapons station contains a 5.56mm or 7.62mm machine gun operated by a remote control unit with a 12-inch LCD on-screen display. The APS and overhead weapons station are mounted on a pedestal for 360 degree continuous coverage and day and night panoramic vision. Hardware and software mechanisms prevent false fire.
Bright Arrow Features
- Designed specifically for light combat vehicles
- Protects against short range anti-tank rockets (i.e. RPG) and anti-tank guided missiles
- Instantly engages threat, employs soft or hard kill countermeasures and responds with a stabilized machine gun for immediate, effective counter fire
- Rapid recovery and reload in less than a minute
- Single high-performance stabilized pedestal for APS and remote-controlled weapons station
- Weight, including gun and ammunition: 520 pounds (250 kg)
- Height: 600 mm (above deck)
Remote-controlled Weapon Station (RCWS)
- Armament: 5.56mm or 7.62mm machine guns
- Ammunition: Double case for 7.62mm (460 rounds)
- Loading, cocking, fire and safety mechanism
- Optic sight: Zoom and focus
- Accurate gyro stabilization
- Operator Control Unit: 12-inch LCD with on-screen display
- RF, IR and CCD cameras
- Detects anti-tank threats and small arms bursts
- Day and Night panoramic vision, optional image processing capabilities
Your Mission is Our Mission.
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is a global aerospace and defense company. We are a committed to providing the U.S. military and its allies with an extensive range of overarching products that provide a cutting-edge advantage to our war fighters. A General Dynamics Company.
GD 166,39 +0,54 +0,32%