ACTIVE PROTECTION SYSYTEMS
Iron Fist Active Protection System
Detect, Track, Neutralize
Iron Fist is an advanced Active Protection System (APS) that provides enhanced survivability of platforms ranging from light vehicles to heavy armored fighting vehicles.
Designed to protect soldiers and vehicles from anti-armor threats, the Iron Fist rapidly and reliably detects, tracks, and neutralizes anti-tank rockets (i.e. RPG), anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs), kinetic energy and high explosive anti-tank (HEAT) round with two layers of active protection.
The Iron Fist is a full spectrum active protection system with soft and hard kill counter-measures
For optimal reliability, the system utilizes two independent sensing techniques: radio frequency (RF) and passive infra-red (IR). Upon a threat warning, a long-range soft kill electro-optical jammer engages the threat’s tracking and sensing behavior. If needed, a close-range hard kill interceptor physically destroys or deflects the threat a safe distance from the defended platform. The blast interceptor effectively destroys or deflects an incoming threat with minimal fragmentation, minimizing collateral damage or injury to nearby personnel.
Iron Fist Features:
- Dramatically reduces kinetic energy rod penetration in heavy vehicles to absorbable level by breaking or deflecting the angle of attack of the oncoming threat
- Laser-based jammer effective against second generation anti-tank guided missiles
- Two independent sensing techniques: radio frequency (RF) and passive infra-red (IR)
- Protection against short-range anti-tank rockets in open and urban environments
- Wide angle protection with minimal weight and integration requirements and 360 degree coverage, high elevation angle
- Minimal integration requirements, small and lightweight and it’s modular design is compatible with various platforms
- Two layers of protection with soft kill electro-optical jammer and hard kill interceptor
- Blast Interceptor assures minimal collateral damage
- Hardware and software mechanisms prevent false fire
- Insensitive Munition (IM) blast warhead
- Dual-safe fuze and fail safe initiation
- Ability to report launch point of threats
- Small arms burst identification
- 360 degree day and night panoramic vision
- Open architecture enables integration with additional sensors, countermeasures and counter fire systems.
Your Mission is Our Mission.
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is a global aerospace and defense company. We are a committed to providing the U.S. military and its allies with an extensive range of overarching products that provide a cutting-edge advantage to our war fighters. A General Dynamics Company.
GD 190,91 -0,31 -0,16%