ACTIVE PROTECTION SYSYTEMS
Iron Fist Active Protection System
Detect, Track, Neutralize
Designed to protect soldiers and vehicles from anti-armor threats, the Iron Fist rapidly and reliably detects, tracks, and neutralizes anti-tank rockets (i.e. RPG), anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs), kinetic energy and high explosive anti-tank (HEAT) round with two layers of active protection.
The Iron Fist is a full spectrum active protection system with soft and hard kill counter-measures
Iron Fist Features:
- Dramatically reduces kinetic energy rod penetration in heavy vehicles to absorbable level by breaking or deflecting the angle of attack of the oncoming threat
- Laser-based jammer effective against second generation anti-tank guided missiles
- Two independent sensing techniques: radio frequency (RF) and passive infra-red (IR)
- Protection against short-range anti-tank rockets in open and urban environments
- Wide angle protection with minimal weight and integration requirements and 360 degree coverage, high elevation angle
- Minimal integration requirements, small and lightweight and it’s modular design is compatible with various platforms
- Two layers of protection with soft kill electro-optical jammer and hard kill interceptor
- Blast Interceptor assures minimal collateral damage
- Hardware and software mechanisms prevent false fire
- Insensitive Munition (IM) blast warhead
- Dual-safe fuze and fail safe initiation
- Ability to report launch point of threats
- Small arms burst identification
- 360 degree day and night panoramic vision
- Open architecture enables integration with additional sensors, countermeasures and counter fire systems.
Delivering The Best To The Best®
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is a global aerospace and defense company. We are a committed to providing the U.S. military and its allies with an extensive range of overarching products that provide a cutting-edge advantage to our war fighters. A General Dynamics Company.
GD 190,57 -1,06 -0,55%