155mm Sensor Fuzed Munition (SFM) for the Artillery
The SMArt 155 projectile consists of a thin-walled shell body, a base plate, an ejection unit, time fuse, and two functionally identical submunitions.
SMArt Warhead provides maximum penetration performance and behind armor effect for today’s and future requirements to reliably defeat any kind of combat vehicles on the battlefield
- NATO Type-Classified
- Demonstrated for use in US 155mm Artillery Systems through a Foreign Comparative Test (FCT) program
- Over 12,000 rounds produced
- Two redundant self-destruction mechanisms in order to avoid unexploded ordnance on the battlefield
- Meets US DOD Cluster Munition Policy and UXO requirements
- Technology was developed, qualified and is currently in service at various armies (GE, GR, CH, AUS)
- Maximum Range: 22 km
Excellent hit accuracy, unmatched penetration performance and reliable target destruction and neutralization has been proven with heavily armored targets, including reactive armor as well as semi hard targets.
155mm SMArt 155 Technical Specifications
|Weight with Fuze||103 lb (47 kg)|
|Length with Fuze||35 in (898 mm)|
|Body Material||Forged Steel|
|Color||Olive Drab with Yellow Markings|
|Explosive Fill||High Explosive 9.7 lb (4.2 kg)|
|Packaging||US Standard Packaging Configuration|
Delivering The Best To The Best®
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is a global aerospace and defense company. We are a committed to providing the U.S. military and its allies with an extensive range of overarching products that provide a cutting-edge advantage to our war fighters. A General Dynamics Company.
GD 207,91 -1,61 -0,77%