MORTARS MUNITIONS AND COMPONENTS
81mm Roll Controlled Guided Mortar (RCGM)
Affordable, Precision-Guided Mortar
How the RCGM works:
Target coordinates are programed into the RCGM using a portable GPS setter. The fuze is set manually to proximity, point detonate, or delay modes. Once the mortar is launched the on-board GPS acquires satellites and determines the mortar’s position and vertical reference (up). Based on continuous GPS updates, the auto-pilot calculates corrections and sends commands to the canards to continuously maneuver the mortar toward the target. Upon impact the mortar detonates in the desired mode.
Benefits of 81mm RCGM
- Can be fired from the existing UK L16 and US M252 weapon systems
- Multi-mode fuze (proximity, point detonate, delay)
- Portable GPS setter
- 30% reduction in logistic drag due to fewer rounds needed to complete mission
- 75% RCGM components in production and combat proven
- Offers affordable precision for the front line
- Portable precision munition for the infantry
Illustration Showing Rounds to Defeat Compound at 3.7km Range
Delivering The Best To The Best®
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is a global aerospace and defense company. We are a committed to providing the U.S. military and its allies with an extensive range of overarching products that provide a cutting-edge advantage to our war fighters. A General Dynamics Company.